-1 lb of spaghetti
-1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
-4 slices of bacon, diced
-2 cloves of garlic, minced
-Salt and pepper to taste
-1/4 cup of parsley, finely chopped
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
3. In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until it is crisp. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
4. When the spaghetti is done cooking, reserve 1 cup of the cooking water and drain the spaghetti.
5. Add the spaghetti to the skillet with the bacon and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
6. Add the egg mixture to the skillet and mix everything together. Slowly add the reserved cooking water and mix until the sauce thickens up.
7. Serve the pasta carbonara with the chopped parsley and extra Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!