– 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
– 1 onion, finely chopped
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 pound ground beef
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 2 tablespoons tomato paste
– 1/2 cup dry white wine
– 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
– 1/2 cup beef stock
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
– 12 ounces spaghetti
– Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the ground beef and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until browned, about 8 minutes.
3. Add the oregano, tomato paste, and wine. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the diced tomatoes and beef stock. Simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the parsley.
6. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, about 8 minutes.
7. Drain the spaghetti and transfer to a serving bowl. Top with the Bolognese sauce and Parmesan cheese. Serve hot.